Warden is probably one of the most anticipated new mobs in the Minecraft 1.19 Wild update. He’s powerful, scary, and can only be found in a brand new Minecraft 1.19 biome called Deep Dark. But there are still a lot of gameplay mechanics that people haven’t figured out about the Guardian yet. From its weakness to the items the Guardian drops on death, we’re here to tell you everything you need to know about this new mob. There’s a lot to cover. So, let’s not waste another moment and explore the Minecraft Warden right away!
How to Spawn, Avoid, or Defeat Warden in Minecraft (2022)
We have divided our guide into several segments to help you easily understand the different Guardian mechanics. You can learn more about the Guardian’s abilities and the best ways to avoid or fight it in Minecraft 1.19 in this guide.
Meet Warden: First Blind Mob in Minecraft
Warden is a blind hostile mob in Minecraft who is also the strongest non-boss mob in the game. He can kill you with two direct hits even if you have the toughest Netherite armor in the game. This mob isn’t just scary because of his power, even Warden’s appearance is intimidating.
The guardian is larger than an iron golem and has an exposed heart for the chest. People believe that he traps the souls of his enemies inside this glowing heart. And when he appears, you can hear his loud heartbeat.
Minecraft Guardian: Abilities
As mentioned above, Warden is the first blind party in the game, so he relies on vibration, smell, and sound to find his targets. If a player makes too many vibrations around the guardian, they quickly get angry, target the noisemaker and kill them.
The Guardian in Minecraft 1.19 has the following abilities:
- Darkness: Warden applies the darkness effect to nearby players, rendering them nearsighted. Without the Night Vision Potion in your arsenal, this effect can blind you in low light areas.
- Melee offensive: Warden’s preferred mode of attack is using his hands (yes, he can throw hands). A single hit from the Guardian deals 30 damage on normal difficulty and 45 damage on hard difficulty.
- Sonic Scream: If the Guardian cannot hit their target for a direct hit, they emit a loud sonic scream. This makes 15 damage on highest difficulty and 10 points on normal difficulty. You are also knocked back several blocks when this attack hits you.
Where to find the guardian in Minecraft
The guardian in Minecraft only spawn in the Deep Dark Biome, a new cave biome that spawns below the Underworld. As part of this, the guardian usually appears in ancient cities. But unlike other mobs, the Guardian does not appear naturally in the world. Instead, you need to trigger its appearance.
How to Spawn the Guardian
To summon the Guardian, you must trigger a screamer sculk to block. This is one of many Sculk Blocks that appear in Ancient Cities. This block is activated by the sounds and vibrations that surround it. But the guardian does not appear immediately. The howler first gives two warning calls. But, if you make a sound the third time, the the third shout will summon the guardian.
Note that this warning count is relative to the player and not to the block. You can mistakenly activate three different howlers, and it will always summon the guardian. Also this spawn by Sculk shrieker only works if there is no other guardian inside 48 blocks of the block and the light level is less than 11 points.
How to defeat the guardian in Minecraft
Defeating the Guardian is not an easy task. Unless you have years of combat skills, carrying the best Minecraft potions would be a must. That said, here are some tips you can use to defeat the Guardian in Minecraft:
- The keeper is immune fire damage, lava damage, and drowning. It doesn’t even take a step back from a mob or player.
- His melee attack disable player shields for 5 seconds.
- He has 500 hit pointswhich on normal difficulty, is more than the health of Ender Dragon and Wither in both editions.
- If the guardian cannot hear you or feel your vibrations, they will try to sniff you leave.
- In terms of targeting, the Guardian does not target the mob closest to him. Instead, it tracks down most suspicious a. So if you plan to bring other monsters to distract the guardian, it might not work as expected.
Along with the basics, you can use our detailed guide to easily defeat Warden in Minecraft with various unique techniques.
How to Avoid the Guardian and Run Away
If you don’t feel ready to fight the Guardian, here are some tricks you can use to run away from it in Minecraft 1.19. Some of them include:
- Elytra: You can use an Elytra to get away from the Guardian. It won’t be easy with the dark effect applied, but due to the huge open space of ancient cities, it’s entirely possible.
- Spawn Trap: If you’re a fast miner with a pickaxe that has the Efficiency V enchantment, break up to two blocks around the guardian to trap it. You need to do this before he fully spawns and is able to chase after you. Then you will just have time to run away.
- Sneak: Even though it’s scary, you can try to sneak out of the ancient city. The new Quick Boots enchantment that appears in town chests can help you do the same.
- Freak: You can take multiple mobs with you to the Ancient City to distract the Guardian while you run away. Keep in mind that this cheat only works half the time, as Warden targets players rather than other mobs.
- Liquid and traps: Finally, if you’re feeling adventurous, you can try using liquids like water or blocks like cobwebs to trap the guardian. They are not enough to kill him or trap him. But you have enough time to escape.
What is the guardian drops in Minecraft
When killed by a player or a tamed wolf, the Warden drops 5 experience orbs and a sculk catalyst. The sculk catalyst block already generates all around the deep darkness biome, so we’re not sure how much of a drop. The Minecraft devs might change this mechanic later down the road, but take that with a grain of salt. If you don’t want to fight the guardian, you can use the Silk Touch enchantment to mine and pick it up.
Once obtained, you can use the Sculk Catalyst Block to generate Sculk Features anywhere in the overworld. You just have to kill mobs that drop experience orbs around the block.
How to make the guardian disappear
If you fail to kill the guardian, you can always wait for its existence. The Warden is programmed to detect vibrations and movements. He can even notice the vibrations of non-living entities like projectiles.
But if the director detects no vibration during 60 seconds and stays “calm”, then it sinks into the ground and disappears into Minecraft. However, if the guardian is trapped in liquid, it does not dig to disappear and simply disappears after a while. This mechanic was rolled out with Minecraft 1.19 pre-release 2 in mid-May.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Warden rare in Minecraft?
The Dark and Deep biome, which is Warden’s home and spawn point, is as common as the other cave biomes. So, given enough time, it’s not that hard to find a sitter.
How much HP does the Minecraft Guardian have?
Warden has a total of 500 health, which equals 250 in-game hearts. For comparison, an Ender Dragon’s average health is only 200 and the Wither’s is around 300-450. .
How much XP does the guardian lose?
Warden only drops 5 experience points (and a sculk catalyst block) when killed by a player or tamed wolf.
What Minecraft Update Has The Guardian?
The Minecraft 1.19: The Wild Update is the update that brought Warden into the world of Minecraft. However, it was originally planned for updates 1.17 and 1.18.
What is Warden Drop?
When killed by a player or tamed wolf, the Guardian drops 5 experience points alongside a single block of Sculk Catalyst.
Are you ready to meet Warden in Minecraft?
With this, you have learned everything there is to know about the new hostile mob added in Minecraft 1.19. Now all you have to do is plan your moves and eliminate the guardian. If you want to fight the Guardian, make sure you have Netherite in Minecraft for your gear. On the other hand, if you just want to escape, our guide on how to teleport in Minecraft may come in handy. And if all else fails, the best Minecraft mods are always here to help you in any situation. But you need to install Forge in Minecraft to run them. That said, do you plan to fight the guardian or not? Tell us in the comments!